The Double Kettlebell Clean and Jerk (C+J) is an exercise of legend. Rumor has it, that the Spetsnaz, the Soviet/Russian Special Forces units, performed their PT exclusively with high repetition C+J’s using a pair of 24kg kettlebells. Multiple sets of 20 to 30 reps were not uncommon.
Later, Russian Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu clubs instituted high rep C+J’s as part of their upper level brown and black belt promotion tests.
If you were going to spend your time doing “one” kettlebell exercise, this very well could be it.
How To Double Kettlebell Clean And Jerk
1. Start with the kettlebells in front of you.
2. Aggressively hike the kettlebells behind you underneath your hips.
3. Tuck your elbows into your sides and roll the kettlebells around your wrists up the front of your body.
4. Keep the kettlebells pulled close to the body.
5. Gently place them in the rack position. Keep the elbows glued to your ribs.
6. Similar to the Double Kettlebell Push Press, keeping the torso vertical
(perpendicular to the ground), dip your knees quickly and then straighten them.
7. As the kettlebells pass your forehead, drop underneath the kettlebells ending in a “mini-squat” with your arms locked overhead.
8. Straighten your knees and stand up.
9. To lower the kettlebells, either pull them back down to the rack or let them “freefall” absorbing or catching them by dipping your knees.
10. To perform another rep, repeat steps 6 through 9.
11. Lower the kettlebells to the ground the same way you would the Double Swing.
For more details on performing the Double Kettlebell Clean and Jerk, go here.
If you found that helpful and want more information then –